Fri, 19 Jul|
Ireland - Carrauntoohill July
A strenuous walk which incorporates sustained steep hiking with very exposed ridge line and a very technical scrambling. What's not to like?..
Time & Location
19 Jul 2024, 18:00 – 21 Jul 2024, 18:00
Carrauntoohil, Carrauntoohil, Coomcallee, Co. Kerry, Ireland
About the event
Join HBUK / Global in our first trip to Ireland, to visit the gorgeous Carrauntoohil, County Kerry, for 2 nights.
Friday 19th July 2024 until Sunday 21st July 2024.
Accommodation is a mixture of Twin and Double bedrooms in Self-Catering Apartments. Sharing will be necessary.
Price Per Person £300
Balance to be paid 6 weeks to the event
• (flights not included in price, you are in control of booking your own flight)
• Coach transfer to the accommodation in Killarney will take about an hour.
• Saturday morning after breakfast at 9am we will be taken by coach to the start of the hike.
• The hike will take as long as it takes depending on group ability and weather.
• The coach will be ready to take you back to the accommodation to freshen up before a free night to socialise together. Killarney is a great town for food and drink.
• Sunday morning after breakfast, pack your bags and be on the bus for 10am then were off to visit Torc Waterfall and The Gap of Dunloe – details below.
• We will then stop for dinner at a nice pub.
• Then on to Cork Airport for departure
A strenuous walk which incorporates sustained steep hiking with very exposed ridge line and a very technical scrambling.
What's not to like?.. 😂
Start from Cronnins yard, and head towards the eastern reeks up croagh mor
This is the steepest part of the route at the very start of the day.
You will be slogging away for nearly an hour before you top out at the grotto
We will rest here and take in the hags Glen valley and get your first look proper at what awaits....
Exposed ridge walk from here with very hands on scrambling in places will test fitness andmental toughness.
Once over the gun we will continue towards our next ascent up to mauling boar a nice steady pull which will have your legs crying... 😂
We continue from there to the col above devills ladder this is where we decide if the group wants it all!!!!
We can go down the devil's ladder or
Continue up the south cone and top out on carrauntoohill
This adds another hour or so of hiking to the day
Then we return to the col and back along the path we arrived from earlier and down the Zig zag.
Make no mistake here this is a walk which only fit both mental and physical is required.
- Ticket type
Secure your spotPrice£100.00
+£2.50 service fee+£2.50 service fee
- Ticket type
Pay in full £300
Pay in fullPrice£300.00
+£7.50 service fee+£7.50 service fee
- Ticket type
Pay the rest £200
Pay the rest from your deposit £200Price£200.00
+£5.00 service fee+£5.00 service fee